Friday, February 12, 2010

Will You Marry Me?

Okay, okay, I have succumbed to writing a blog. As all of my friends take up their keyboard to create an Internet masterpiece, I too want my Internet claim to fame! Am I good? Maybe. Am I talented? You decide. Will you wake up every morning with drooling excitement to see what I have written? I am not sure. Am I hot? Yes. Will I try to make your day a little more enjoyable? Absolutely. Will you be able to live vicariously through a drunk and socialite? Hell-Mutha-Fuckin-Yeah!

However, before we get started, I find it imperative that we must make a commitment to one another for the duration of our blog writing and following. So, if you just insert your name where appropriate and verbalize this aloud, we can get started.

Computer asks you:

(Insert your full name), will you take Eric Thorman Lindroos to be your entertainment blog provider, your laughter through the day, and your one secret obsession? Will you cherish his insight and read his writing today, tomorrow, and forever? Will you trust his ability and dedication, straightforwardness and ingenuity? Will you be faithful through good blogs and bad, missppelings and improper use of grammar, as long as you both shall live?

(Your answer: “I will.”)

Computer asks me:

Eric Thorman Lindroos, will you take whomever wants to read your blog and provide them with entertainment, laughter, and obsession? Will you provide insight and offer writings for today, tomorrow, and forever? Will you bestow ability and dedication, straightforwardness and ingenuity? Will you continue to write even though there will be good blogs and bad, missppelings and improper use of grammar, as long as you both shall live?

I answer: “I will."

Computer responds:

Then by the power invested to me, I now pronounce you blog writer and blog reader. You may continue reading.

No comments: